Christmas Rice Krispie Treats are SUCH a simple treat your kids can help you make over the holiday break! Kids love the Christmas colors and how these Rice Krispie treats resemble an Elf hat… or a Christmas tree!
This would make a great treat for the Elf to “make” as a surprise. My kids loved the shapes- and they are so quick to whip up, we will be making these again!
Christmas Rice Krispie Treats
Total Make Time: 20-25 minutes
Ingredients For Christmas Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 tsp red food coloring (feel free to substitute with natural food dye)
Ingredients For Frosting
- ½ cup premade frosting
- 1-2 drops green food coloring (feel free to substitute with natural food dye)
- 1 Ziplock bag or a piping bag
- 1 star piping tip (I used a Wilton #21)
Christmas Rice Krispie Treat Instructions
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add in the mini marshmallows, stirring constantly until they are melted and smooth. Don’t walk away, they will burn quickly!
- Once the marshmallows are melted and smooth, remove from heat and add in the Rice Krispie cereal. Fold with a spatula until both ingredients are well combined.
- Add in 2 tsp red food color and continue folding until all the red color is distributed throughout the mixture.
- Prepare an 8” cake pan with nonstick spray and/or parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the pan and using a clean greased hand (grease on your hands makes the Krispies not stick to you!), press the rice krispies into the bottom of the pan flat.
- Place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes or until they have hardened slightly.
- While the Christmas Rice Krispie Treats are setting in the refrigerator, prepare your frosting by placing about ½ cup premade frosting into a small bowl and adding a few drops of green food color and stirring until well combined.
- Cut the lower corner out of your Ziplock bag (or if you are using a piping bag, place the star tip in it) and add in your frosting.
- Once the krispies have set, remove them from the refrigerator and using a butter knife or small spatula, run around the edges of them until they release from the pan. Place the Rice Krispie treats on a cutting board and cut into 8 pieces like a pie.
- Take your piping bag and pipe a small line of frosting across the bottom and a single star at the top of each piece. Enjoy!
You Might Also Like:
If you end up making these Christmas Rice Krispie Treats, send me a pic here or on Instagram! I would love to see them. Happy holidays!