When I was out shopping at Home Centric last weekend, I found this beautiful blue pitcher in their kitchen section. It’s just a touch on the antique side. Not too rustic, just a beautiful piece. With all the other fall decor available in the store, I took one look and knew I had to set up a pumpkin tablescape around my blue pitcher, which would be the statement piece. The soft blue of the pitcher would help me keep all my colors muted and feminine. So today I back and bringing some fall entertaining inspiration for you!
This post is sponsored by Home Centric. All opinions are my own.
When working with holiday decor, I encourage you to use mostly classic pieces that will work year round, and use actual holiday decor in smaller amounts. This will help you use your new finds in other ways throughout the year- but also keep your table looking classic. I was able to find a lot of classic, traditional pieces on my shopping trip to Home Centric!
Home Centric is a home decor store that is all about “inspired living for less”. They sell on trend furniture and home decor goods at low prices. It’s a great resource to go if you are looking to stock up on the basics: towels, sheets, kitchen gadgets, etc. They also have great holiday section for more unique and fun finds!
I love this cute wooden lazy susan with a glass top that fits over it to fill with goodies!
Keeping It Classic! How I Created My Pumpkin Tablescape
I found all of these items at Home Centric, as well as some cloth napkins and napkin rings. The only items not from Home Centric here are the actual pumpkins!
The store had a TON of wooden cheeseboards in stock right now – marble ones as well. I bought two wooden cheeseboards to use as placemats in a unique way. Depending on how many guests you have, you could even put everyone’s plates on cheeseboards. For the other placemats, I pulled out the blue gingham placemats I found at Home Centric last summer. If you look carefully you’ll see a long runner on the table peeking underneath everything. It is cream with pumpkins just on the end- a great base to layer under all these pieces. The blue pitcher makes a great statement worthy centerpiece!
My other big find was this long board for holding and displaying hot dishes, candles, decor on the table. I have no idea what it’s called – anyone know? I’ve been keeping it on the table when we’re not eating and lining up my pumpkins on top. This will work year round for us!
That morning light. Not great for capturing everything in photos, but sooo pretty!
I wanted to bring in fall colors with my pumpkin tablescape, but keep them a little muted, since that is more my style. Soft oranges, light blues, whites, and browns.
Home Centric has all kinds of home decor, but for me it is my favorite place to stock up on every day kitchen items. Good staples like silverware, plates and bowls, etc. at great prices. I love using basic white plates because it doesn’t ever have to be a matching set. Home Centric must have just stocked up- they had all different sizes, as well as soup and salad bowls etc.
Cloth napkins remind me of all the holiday dinners I ate during my childhood!
6 Thoughts On Creating A Pumpkin Tablescape For Fall Entertaining
- The nice thing about creating a pumpkin tablescape is you really don’t need a lot to make the table feel “full”, because of the pumpkins. Just 2-4 medium sized pumpkins and that’s going to take up most of your table!
- Decide on a color scheme first, like I always say. You don’t “have” to go bright orange, remember. Pick 2 or 3!
- Create some highs and lows on the tables for visual interest. It is all about LAYERING. I started with the runner, then went from there. Home Centric has a great selection of cake platters- I used two of those to elevate food and decor. Using varying heights.
- Do something unexpected on people’s places. Nothing overwhelming, just something little to make it memorable for your guests. You want them to smile when they come to the table. Cheeseboards as placemats, why not? Maybe tuck a flower or a small piece of greenery inside everyone’s napkins- I used some Baby’s Breath (the little white flowers). You can find that in any grocery store. Or even better, bring some in from your yard.
- If entertaining without little ones, always, always have candles of multiple sizes! I like a few well placed bigger ones, and fill in with tall and slim and/or small votive candles. What do you think about these candle pillars I picked out from Home Centric? I love the soft gray.
- Pitchers are not only useful, but they are so pretty on the table. Even if you are serving wine I like to keep a pitcher of water on the table.
Did you read about my first shopping experience with Home Centric over the summer?
Hoping we can shop online for all these items with Home Centric one day. But for now, pop on over to their store!
+ + + + + + + + + +
Shop The Post:
My exact chairs are an Amazon purchase found here
Pin Now, Save For Later: