The rattan chair could be considered the accent chair of 2023! Rattan strikes a perfect balance between timeless and on par with current style trends.
Rattan is a flexible stem of a palm plant, and its hard and durable qualities make it a popular choice for chic furniture. Rattan is not just for the beach- if you are looking to toe the line between both relaxed and refined, rattan is for you!
Updated: July 25, 2023
The “paint everything gray” trend has come and gone – but if it went a touch too far in your house, try adding warm rattan to cozy up the space. Rattan and gray get along great. Learn more with me.
13 Rattan Chair Options for Your Living Room’s Rattan Accent Chair: Budget, Mid Range, and High End
Many of these chairs are outdoor rated, but take care as untreated rattan does best indoors away from the elements. These will all serve as beautiful accent chairs for your home!
1. William Sonoma Southampton Armchair
- Dark rattan can provide contrast and coordinates with dark or light furniture
- Washable canvas cushion
Shop the Southampton Chair HERE.
2. Tulum Lounge Chair
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Zip off cushions
- Back cushion is reversible
Shop the Tulum Lounge Chair HERE
3. Crate and Barrel Blake Chair
- We loved this chair so much we bought it, I can attest to longevity
- Cushion zips off and is washable; with 4 kids it still cleaned up well
- Well made and durable
Shop the Blake Chair HERE.
4. Yarmouth Swivel Chair
- High end design mimics rattan
- 360 swivel chair
- Upholstered throughout with high performance fabric that resists stain
- Piping on cushion gives a more elegant, upscale look
Shop the Yarmouth chairs HERE
5. Budget Friendly Safavieh Barrel Chair (via Amazon)
- Affordable and excellent value!
- High reviews for the price point
Shop these chairs on Amazon HERE
6. Edgewater Lounge Chair
- High end construction with removable cushion cover
- Uses a high performance fabric that resists stain
- Replacement cushions can be purchased
Shop the Edgewater Lounge Chair HERE
7. Noelie Chair
- excellent reviews on website
- has a chic, more stylish look than other rattan chairs
- appears more expensive than it is
Shop the Noelie Chair HERE
8. Mattituck Armchair
- we have two in our living room; I can attest to comfort level
- comfortable enough to lounge in
- brass accents keep it cool and fun
- cushion is high performance fabric that resists stains, zips off
See more of our large living room in this post.
Shop the Mattituck HERE
9. Venice Rattan Chair
- High end chair at a lower price point
- Cushion sold separately but can customize with a performance fabric if desired
Shop the Venice Chair HERE
10. High Back Rattan Chair
- Top rated accent chair with many five star reviews
- Outdoor or indoor friendly
- Ornate, attention getting design
Shop this fun chair HERE
11. Most Affordable Rattan Accent Chair
- the price is great
- offered in white or black as well
- it says suitable for indoor/outdoor
- petite size make them apartment friendly!
Shop it HERE
12. Savannah Curved Rattan Chair
- Overstuffed look with thick cushions
- Seat and back cushions for comfort
Shop it HERE
13. Healdsburg Rattan Swivel Chair
- swivel and unique style
- cushioned seat
Shop this fun chair HERE
Shop all 13 rattan chairs here
Can rattan be used outside?
While rattan accent chairs are commonly used indoors, some designs are suitable for outdoor spaces like patios, porches and open sunrooms. Natural rattan will grow moldy outdoors over time when left in wet or humid elements, while coated rattan allows it to last outside. Consider your specific rattan, and the specific weather and environment of your location when making a purchase.
In a living or bedroom full of upholstery, an accent of different material is a welcome addition. Since rattan is a natural material derived from plants; its’ versatility allows it to seamlessly blends with various interior design styles.
Choose cushions with colors and patterns that complement your existing decor. They can be an opportunity to add a pop of color or tie in with the overall color scheme.
Don’t be afraid to combine rattan accent chairs with other materials like wood, metal, or upholstery. Mixing textures adds depth and interest to your space.
Casual, coastal sunrooms? You bet. Sophisticated spaces? The right kind of rattan chair can play formally, with upholstered furniture too! So, when you’re looking to create a cozy reading nook or a conversation corner consider using a natural material like rattan for your accent chairs.
You Will Also Love:
9 Hanging Rattan Chairs
Read about our two hanging rattan chairs here, and 9 hanging chairs to consider!
13 Rattan Daybeds
If you still can’t get enough rattan, 13 rattan daybeds are listed in this popular post– and how to style them. I also shared which rattan bed we decided to go with.
I would love to have you follow along with me below:
Join the Blues, Rattan + Decor Facebook Group. Over 26k home and interior lovers sharing ideas & Q+A about home design!