This is the story of the 15 best faux garlands for the holidays!
Last year we moved into our new home just before Thanksgiving. I bought a HUGE live fresh garland (from Costco!) to liven the house up, and wrapped it around our stairs.
After the heat from the fireplace and the sunlight, it was dried up to a crisp 2 weeks later. I tried misting, but it was long gone and my floors were covered in needles. It was tossed just before Christmas. I swore would not be tempted by those fresh beauties, and only use the best faux garlands next year!
UPDATE: You can see my tutorial on how I made my faux “magazine worthy” garland here.
The 15 Best Faux Garlands For The Holidays
Tip: If you buy a faux garland that did not come prelit, wrap fairy lights (here) around the garland. Do this first, before you hang and add embellishments.
The Live But Preserved Garlands
Preserved is a compromise between fresh and faux, so I couldn’t write this post without at least mentioning these two first. Keep them away from your heaters and direct sunlight. Mist them down every few days.
1. Pottery Barn’s Olive Leaf & Myrtle Garland This is what I used around my stairs this year. It is fresh, and technically real, so it’s a nice compromise. It smells great! I just tied some ribbon around it to make it even more special. It will last up to a year!
2. Terrain’s Fresh Eucalyptus + Bay Leaf Farland This garland looks positively luxe. At 10 ft. long, it’s absolutely stunning!
The Magnolia Garlands
Being from the South, I have a special place in my heart for magnolias! Pottery Barn does a faux magnolia garland really well.
3. PB Faux Magnolia Garland Although only 5ft, I REALLY like faux garland from Pottery Barn. Initially I was going to purchase this. I took too long making up my mind though, and they were sold out by the time I went to buy it! *Note: they restocked!
4. PB Faux Magnolia Leaf Garland This is an even thicker garland if you’re looking for something twice as lush. I’ve seen this in person and it is divine.
5. William Sonoma 12 Foot Long Magnolia Garland: The big daddy of magnolia garlands, this is possibly the most beautiful of all!
via Gal Meets Glam
See The 3 Best Magnolia Garlands Here:
The Classic, Most Lifelike Faux Garlands
6. Terrain’s Faux Cryptomeria Garland Sometimes classic is best- ya just can’t beat it! Lifelike, wintery feeling, with no frills or anything faux looking. This winter garland has been a best seller year after year – Terrain keeps it in stock because the classic never goes out of style.
Erin from Sunny Side Up Blog used multiples of this garland, seen below:
Thats the way to get it done! How magical is this garland?? No wonder they bring it back every year.
7. McGee & Co Woodland Cedar and Pine Garland Last year McGee and Co began offering their lighted cedar garland that is classic and beautiful. Just the right amount of fullness AND it is prelit!
Shop these lifelike garlands here:
The Best Seller Amazon Garlands
8. National Tree Company prelit Artificial Christmas Garland Almost 2k reviews on this classic red and green prelit garland off Amazon. At 9ft, this is enough to hang over a door, but they also can be plugged into each other so you could hang two together if you are going for extra (yes!) because they plug in to each other.
9. Flocked Spurce Garland For indoor/outdoor use, with a battery option too.
10. Minimalist Pine Garlandis thinner, and ideal for crafts or projects. I have seen this guy everywhere this year. Although I haven’t used it myself (yet), it has great reviews.
The 3 Best Sellers Off Wayfair
11. Magnolia and Pine Garland An immediate best selling garland just came out in 2019 and was seen all over “blog land”. Although pricer than some others, this garland is mixed with magnolia leaves, various shades of pine and pinecones for a realistic and full look. Battery operated makes it the perfect fit!
12. Frosted Berry Garland Thousands of positive reviews for this affordable under $50 option- and ideal for your stairs. I’ll let the almost 700 reviews and the photos do the talking!
13. Carolina Pine 100 Light Garland Battery operated, best selling and well loved garland. This one I have also seen for several years because it does so well. The price is reasonable for the value I think!
See Wayfair garlands here:
The Eucalyptus Garland: Affordable + Splurge Worthy
14. Target’s Affordable Eucalyptus Garland This garland is affordable and a must because you can hang it year round. I have it shown above my fireplace (below). This one doesn’t scream holiday season so much; I put it up in the early fall left it through the holidays. Add pinecones if you want to give it a more realistic feel.
15. McGee & Co Seeded Dollar Eucalyptus This gorgeous seeded eucalyptus looks SO real – I was convinced it had to be real at first glance! But make note- despite its beauty, it’s only 5ft, so you might want to double up.
See these eucalyptus garlands:
Shop All The Faux Garlands In This Post:
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Photos of Garlands We Love
Sharing some stunning garlands with you as well. Faux and real, because the needles might be all over your floor, but its hard to beat the real thing and they are great inspiration!
via Francois et Moi
(See Pottery Barn’s magnolia garland. Stunning!!)
via Bria Hammels
both are via Monika Hibbs
This looks like a combo of eucalyptus and a pine garland. You can totally recreate this using faux greenery!
Pin Now, Find Again Later:
If you enjoy reading my home decor and lifestyle posts, you can find me on
You Might Also Like: