For years I decorated with the same tired garland- it was worn out and needed a refresh. Last year I went on a hunt to liven up my Christmas decorations with quality faux garlands! After sorting through all kinds, I settled on the most beautiful faux pine and cedar garland (scroll down to see it in my home).
Welcome to our (updated!) Best Garland Guide that unveils the 23 BEST faux garlands to adorn your space with holiday magic. We handpicked the most lush and lifelike garlands to make your home festive!
Table of Contents
Your Guide to The 23 Best Artificial Garlands For Holiday Decorating
Artificial holiday garlands have come a long way- these days, they can be incredibly life like! If your faux garland isn’t prelit, wrap a few of these fairly lights around them first.
1.Real Touch Norfolk Pine Garland: Sold on Amazon here (where I purchased mine), and on Afloral website here. I ranked this first as this is my personal favorite artificial Christmas garland! If you are getting one garland, this is it.
See the garland below in my current home, and below again in my previous home. The branches fluff out nicely and are bendable to hide hooks etc.
Also offered in a large 12 ft. garland seen below- could be used on a long staircase! My fireplace with the extra long Norfolk pine garland, and 1 cedar garland on top:
2. Real touch Spruce and Pine Garland: From the company who brought the most famous garland seen above; another option. This 48″ pine garland is thicker and mixed with various shades of faux pine and pinecones for a realistic and full look. The below photo has two.
3. National Tree Company Prelit Artificial Christmas Garland: Almost 9k reviews on this classic red and green prelit pine garland off Amazon. At 9ft, this is enough to hang over a door, but you could hang two together if you are going for extra (yes!).
4. Hearth & Hand’s Pine Garland: (currently out of stock – check back October 2023): If you want affordable and realistic this greenery is for you! Fluff two of them together and drop on your mantel.
5. Wondershop 6 ft Pine Garland: This budget find made it to the best faux garlands list because is so affordable and looks great doubled up! Add pinecones and lights if you want to give it a more realistic feel.
6. Nine Feet of Lightly Frosted Garland: I love this brand you can buy off Amazon – we bought a Christmas tree from the same brand years ago that we still love and use! This made the best faux garlands list because it’s affordable and extra long – ideal for your stairs or entrance. I’ll let the photos and reviews do the talking! It’s plug in only.
7. Nine Feet of Garland With 100 Lights: Best selling and well loved Christmas garland! This one I have seen for several years because it does so well. The price is reasonable for the value and it’s nine feet! Make note: it’s plug in only.
8. Battery Operated with Timer 9 Ft Pine Garland: If you aren’t interested in plug in, this is a battery operated and thick Christmas garland.
9. Snowy Flocked Garland: King of Christmas does flocking best, the it covers this pine garland. Not too messy and it stays on well. I’ve own 2 of their thickly flocked trees and I can say the same for that.
Faux Cedar Garland
10. Terrain’s Faux Cedar Garland: Anthropologie (and Terrain) sell this faux cedar garland year round because it is so well loved. This can be used as a single strand, but I suggest at least two. I like to layer one on top of my Norfolk pine garland (see number one).
11. Amazon’s 6 Ft Cedar Garland: This offers a lovely texture and color and just over 6 ft, I would layer this faux cedar garland on top of a Norfolk pine and consider it done!
12. Afloral Faux Cedar Garland: When fluffed out this faux cedar garland is a full 10″ wide! The most popular cedar garland from Afloral, this cedar is a perfect recreation of the real thing!
13. Pottery Barn’s Faux Cedar Garland: This cedar garland is made to look like a genuine cedar branch, and offered in 6 ft or 9 ft.
14. McGee & Co Woodland Cedar and Pine Garland: Last year McGee and Co began offering their lighted cedar garland that is classic and beautiful. Just the right amount of fullness AND it is prelit.
Various Mixed Greenery Garlands
15. Eucalyptus and Pine Garland: Currently on clearance so we’ll see if this is picked up in the fall of 2023. This pine garland has various evergreen and eucalyptus, plus loops at both ends for easy draping across a mantel.
16. Faux Apple and Pine Christmas Garland: This is a unique piece made up of magnolia leaves, pine, fruit and apples, all faux so it lasts for years. This can be used as a beautiful table centerpiece, in addition to your mantel and the more obvious places.
Faux Magnolia Garlands
A magnolia is a must have in the south, but a classic piece loved by other parts of the country too. Below are some high priced and more affordable options.
17. Faux Magnolia Garland: A faux magnolia garland arranged by hand, 12 inches wide and 5 feet long. This is not a piece you buy and use once – the quality speaks to the price tag, as this is a premium piece that will last for years!
18. Preserved Magnolia Garland: This piece is preserved, meaning it’s dried and will last a few years if stored properly in a box without moisture or excessive humidity. This uses green and brown magnolia leaves, providing a multilayered festive backdrop. Previously, this magnolia garland was offered in 12 feet (seen below) but is now only offered in the 6 feet.
19. Arhaus 15 inch Wide Magnolia Garland: Another premium option, this is stunning in real life. Full and lush, with a few flowers through out, Arhaus is known for it’s premium items; the quality on this piece matches the price tag.
20. Mixed Magnolia Garland: A more affordable but still good quality garland! This is 6 feet long and 10 inches wide, mixed with berries to give a Christmas garland feel. Fluff each individual leaf out when it arrives for the full feel below:
21. Affordable Magnolia Garland: This is much more budget friendly which will give you the same look without the price. Many happy reviews!
Dried, Preserved Faux Garlands
Preserved is a compromise between real and artificial garlands, so I couldn’t write this post without mentioning them. Keep them away from direct heat and sunlight. Mist them down weekly. They can last for a few holidays!
22. Pottery Barn’s Olive Leaf: This is what I used down my table this year. It is fresh, and technically real, so it’s a nice compromise. It smells great! You can tie some ribbon around it to make it even more special. It will last up to a year!
23. Ballard’s Preserved Garland: A well done boxwood garland is so chic! Boxwood is classy and loved for years – you can’t go wrong! If you found cheaper garlands too thin, you will like this one from Ballard. At 65″ long and extra full, it’s absolutely stunning.
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
You can see my tutorial on how I made my faux “magazine worthy” garland right here!
Photos of Christmas Garlands To Inspire You
Sharing some stunning holiday inspired garlands with you here! Faux and real, because they are all a great inspiration for your Christmas garland.
via Francois et Moi
This one is real and gorgeous. A little pine, and some cedar garland make for a statement piece!
This looks to be possibly a few thick faux cedar garlands combined!
via Bria Hammels
both are via Monika Hibbs
This looks like a combo of eucalyptus and a pine garland, via JLGarvin. You can recreate this using faux greenery.
Pin Now, Find Again Later:
You Might Also Like: