Who has ever heard of Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats?
I was thinking up family friendly fall desserts today, but I wanted something different. Something fun to eat in the fall that my kids will get a kick out of! But also a treat, I could serve as one of the desserts on the table after our Thanksgiving dinner! We will offer the typical desserts like pumpkin pie… but I wanted a change from the norm. These Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Squares will be a big hit with the kids… and I think they might be the new fall tradition!
I am teaming up on this post with my friends Lindsay and Carley over at The Babbling Blondes. They also posted a spin on a holiday classic – an easy apple and pumpkin pie recipe (the filling is made out of 3 ingredients), with ready made crusts cut into heartshapes! After you check out this recipe be sure to go take a peek at their blog.
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
I was going to call these Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Squares, because that sounded fancy, but my family won’t stop referring to them as simply Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats… so there ya go! How many times can we make these in a month? We’re up to three in October, so I will let you know! These are the perfect fall after school treat to surprise your kids on a day you feel like being extra. Or they make the perfect Thanksgiving dessert for kids, which is what I am going to do!
Squares Servings: 24
Prep time: 15 Minutes / Cool time: 30 Minutes / Decorating : 15 Minutes
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1/3 Cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 10 oz mini marshmallows, divided up
- 6 Cups of Rice Krispies Cereal or (similar rice cereal works fine too)
- 1 Cup white chocolate melting wafers
- Assorted sprinkles
- In a large pot, melt the butter down slowly.
- Once melted, stir in the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. Reserve 1 cup of the mini marshmallows and add the rest to the pot slowly. Heat on medium heat, while stirring, until melted and smooth. Try not to eat!
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal and stir to combine, then stir in the remaining marshmallows.
- Cover a 9×13 pan with butter or cooking spray, then press the cereal mixture into the pan and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- Take the cooled down Rice Krispie treats out of the fridge, and set them onto a cutting board and cut into squares.
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt the white chocolate, stirring the whole time until smooth. Be careful while you do this, and don’t leave the chocolate or stop stirring, as it could overheat quickly.
- Dip the top portion of each square into the chocolate. Alternatively, you could drizzle the chocolate on top with a spoon, instead of dipping. Add the sprinkles and decorate as you like!
You Might Also Like: