As our house renovation wraps up, I am sharing photos of our living room including our upholstered Serena and Lily furniture, as the rest of the room falls into place. This is not a living room tour, yet!!!
Table of Contents
Sharing Our Upholstered Serena & Lily Furniture: The Miramar Chair & The Cutler Sofa
Please note, nothing here is sponsored/gifted.
All the different Serena & Lily furniture pieces pair perfectly together in a room – everything goes with everything!
I did light colored foundation pieces – no bright colors or big patterns. No, not because I’m boring! Using all neutrals allows me to bring in pattern and color with textiles that I can switch in and out (rugs, pillows, an ottoman or two).
Serena & Lily Miramar Chair
For years I have dreamed of owning English roll arm chairs! I compared them against Pottery Barns’ Carlisle roll arms, a more affordable and still lovely option. I went back and forth for a while, but chose the Miramar English roll arm chairs because despite the higher price tag, the frame is better made. I’m hoping these are with us for the long haul.
We ordered two for the living room – we’ve been living with them for about six months now.
Isn’t that little black iron cocktail table cute? He’s from Pottery Barn (here!) and he looks great sitting next to a chair.
What fabric did I choose for the Miramar Chairs?
With 4 children who live here, high performance fabric is the only option for this investment.
The luxurious Perennial basketweave fabric resists stains. I chose Fog; a light gray to contrast with all the warmth in the room. The fabric is a thickly woven, so it brings texture to a room. The feet are the beautiful Dune finish.
Fiber-Seal, a fabric care company that protects upholstery, also sealed the furniture with a protectant that lasts 18 months. They will come out again at no charge during that time to take out any spills or mess! We love their local branch in Raleigh, but this service is located across the country.
Is the Miramar Chair comfortable?
Where as our lounge sofa from Crate and Barrel (read about it here) offers complete laid back lounging… the Miramar offers comfort and structure. The chairs are plenty comfortable for relaxing and tv watching. Your body is structured in a relaxed sitting position. The cushions are soft and its deep enough, but you won’t sink in without back support. This makes it best for our living/family room (our lounge is in our den).
Our Cutler Sofas
Knowing the Cutler sofas are bench-made in North Carolina made it less scary buying furniture over the internet – but I was concerned with the feel. I was THRILLED when we got the chance to sit on these sofas and sank in.
What fabric for the Cutler sofa?
The modern slender silhouette combined with a tailored skirt keeps the Cutler a classic style. We chose the Perennial basketweave fabric in chalk. It’s a warm white color, not quite a cream.
As far as keeping the fabric clean, it’s comes down to
- the quality of the fabric – choose a performance fabric. This could be a Perennial, Crypton, etc.
- regular maintenance. Vacuuming your furniture once a week habitually, no dogs/shoes on the couch, and never eating on it will take you far!
What Coffee Tables?
- We are waiting on this pretty marble table from McGee for the front of the room.
- For the back half of the room we bought this beautiful table during November’s big sale.
The other two pieces in the room are wood so I wanted the coffee tables to contrast.
Other Details In the Room
- The walls are painted Simply White by Benjamin Moore in a satin finish. This includes the picture frame molding. The trim is Benjamin Moore Simply White in an Advance semi-gloss.
- The drapes are custom. If you need a long oversized drapery rod, this is a great recommendation!
- The large nylon rug is custom. The smaller white rug can be found here.
- Our OKA iron coffee table is temporary. I can’t do glass with my kids, but I can report it is heavy, the glass is thick and it’s of the best quality.
- The room still has empty space: we are ordering two of these Eastgate chairs in Chalk, paired with an upholstered coffee table (with color) that I haven’t committed to yet!
You Will Also Love: