Rice Krispie Bird Nests, anyone?
Hi and welcome to Easy Easter Treats. In this episode, you will spend 15 minutes in the kitchen making something, and then spend the next 30 minutes basking in all the smiles from your children. They never care how easy or difficult something is anyways, right?
My tag line should be I already had 4 kids. I no longer do anything difficult.
But seriously, these Rice Krispie Bird Nests are a great activity to do over Spring Break with your kids, or something your teens can make on their own before Easter. They also make a great treat to bring to class parties, if you want something that isn’t store bought but won’t make your life difficult! I brought these to my son’s preschool Easter party this year…. and to keep everyone (myself) happy, I made a second batch to keep at home!
Too bad they didn’t last very long!
Rice Krispie Bird Nests
Here are the 3 simple steps.
- Make Rice Krispy Treats out of the 3 ingredients
- Form them into nest shapes
- Drop a candy egg on each nest
You can handle this one!
You might also like the other Rice Krispie treats I have made… including Elf On The Shelf Rice Krispie Treats, or Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats!
Rice Krispie Bird Nests Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows or a 10 oz bag
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 bag of Robins Eggs candy or Cadbury mini eggs (jelly beans work too!)
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a pan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture is completely melted, turn off heat and stir in Rice Krispies until well combined.
- While still warm, put the mixture into greased cupcake tins. Using a greased spoon, push the spoon into the center of each Rice Krispie treat slightly, forming an indent in the middle. This creates a nest like shape.
- Wait until they have cooled and then pop the nests out of their cupcake tins. Drop candy eggs in the nests. Best eaten immediately.
Pin Now, Come Back To Later: