Today I am sharing Leo’s bedroom, our 9 year old, and the final touch – these drapes! This was the last little update to his room, and guess what stole the show? Pinch pleat curtains from Curtarra!
When we moved in, this was a carpeted white bedroom with a single baby blue wall! All we kept from the original room were those cute plantation shutters.
All we kept were the plantation shutters – so we used drapery to elevate the design, not to actually use!
Doesn’t drapery finish off a room so nicely? These curtains from Curtarra are what I would consider affordable luxury.
Have you ever had windows with more space on one side of the window than the other? Here is a possible solution. In this case, we have Leo’s Balboa rattan bookshelf in between the windows, leaving not much room for drapes. Extending the curtain rod a few extra inches on the wider side of the window allows room on that side.
Next, we put a very wide set of drapes on just the side with the most space.
I love wide drapes! The “dusty aqua” compliments the blue green notes in his paper.
Details about my Curtarra curtains here:
- These are the double pinch pleat style that I love because it gives a rich, tailored look.
- Each panel is 90″ width x 98″ length. I prefer my drapes to not puddle but just kiss the floor, so measure accordingly.
- Mine are the Sabrina, in “Dusty Aqua” color with a white liner. See them here!
Curtarra allows you to select curtains by:
- liner (black out, linen or sheer)
- header that fits your home’s style. This I have is double pinch pleat, the style I recommend that looks best. The clips you need come with it. Not rings, of course!
Expect Curtarra curtains to arrive within just a few weeks, in high quality packaging with clips and helpful instructions. Also… expect your Curtarra curtains to change the room!
The Rest of His Room
Shop the whole room below:
This post is a partnership with Cartarra.