If you are a reader local to Durham, you know in the last 10 years we have become a booming foodie town, and we are growing at a rate none of us can keep up with! I grew up in Durham back in the 80’s and 90’s (so, dinosaurs), and when I was a kid, if my parents wanted anything organic, there was only one store in all of Durham they could shop at. Now we have a few options for healthy eating, and I am SO excited to share that on August 22 we can add another big name to that list!
Sprouts Farmers Market, a large grocery store with a focus on health foods, will be located in South Durham (here to be exact). Sprouts has built its reputation on offering natural and organic foods at economical prices.
You guys. I know when people hear ‘health food’ and ‘organic’ they think expensive. But the reason I love Sprouts is BECAUSE of their produce prices. The first thing you will notice when you shop is their fruits and veggies are so much cheaper than your typical grocery store. Just to be sure I am giving you facts and not just spouting off my opinion (never! 😉), I asked them! They told me their produce prices actually run about 20-25% below your traditional supermarket.
About 90% of their store is natural or organic, yet they still manage to keep their other products priced fairly reasonably too. The other 10% of what they offer cater to the more mainstream consumer, who may be just beginning to explore healthy eating options. Or that 10% is for moms like me, who can’t manage a complete organic diet, but I do feel great stocking our fridge with almost all organic + fresh options, nestled amongst our other favorite foods too!
And that is really my goal you guys! I love to look down in my grocery cart as I go to pay, and see mostly fruits and vegetables, some grass fed meats, whole grains, a little organic dairy, a few regular snacks and ALWAYS a treat. The treat is for me to eat in the car, obviously.
If you want any more details, this is the Sprouts of Durham grand opening press release! Sprouts opens August 22nd!
This post was sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market.